Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Big Orange Heads is a full effect of being free, a strive for a dream that exists beyond the limits of the human mind. Tido starts up the bass, Mike continues with a guitar rift. As I hear the melody of the guitar strumming as the bass fills in the emptiness of the sound, I am able to fill that gap with a rhythm from my soul. Barak's soul blends in as he sings words that come from within. BOH is MY "Jes Grew".

The song is coming along, the parts are fitting together as if all four of our minds come together in a improvisational manner. All of us can't comprehend how we organize the tune. Something of this multitude, writing music is something that can't be forced upon a person. It just comes out of the human body, in sound wave form. In  a sense the music comes together freely, and not  in a organized manner at all.

In society today, music is so free will, and everywhere that it's hard to contain it in its original form. Musicians today are recreating sounds with their own sounds of the future. Music is not written anymore in a sense of having that LIVE human element to it, it's just a recreation of the past. BOH is MY "Jes Grew" in the terms of being able to keep that LIVE human element and write music the way it was written in the past.

When I play a certain song, or a certain beat, the formality of the beat just is brought upon myself, by my soul feeling that certain sound. Different sounds depict different rhythms and beats.

My name is Steve Sparacino, and BOH is my "Jes Grew".

Playing Cards by The Big Orange Heads

1 comment:

  1. The layout is simple and subtle but that seems to be the point. The white (14) Ariel font sits well with the black background. The background image is blurry which brings a blend of vintage and offers a euphonious feel to the blog page.

    I love that Steve’s band ‘s name is Big Orange Head. The color orange is sprinkled on the page in the title and in the background image emitting a message, almost subconsciously that suggests the interweaving of the Jes Grew and the musical performance. The apparent one compliments the esoteric other.

    There were no specific and concrete mentions of place or time in the post. The absence of texts that establishes location creates a bit of dissonance for the reader who is, albeit reluctantly, glancing back at that background image of a man preforming live on stage. So, give me more indications of the sounds, the vibrations, the crowd reaction to your music in the same way that you suggest to the way society understands music.

    Reading the post, I noticed that the voice and tone of this writing echoes that of a narration from Daft Punk’s new studio album. That gave me the chills. And it also made me more self-aware. And it’s also one big reason why I paid more attention to the actual text and the words themselves. Had I not been so attentive to the text, I may not have noticed the hyperlink to a Youtube video of a recording by Big Orange Head. I am not sure why you chose to break away from the easily visible white font for the darker font that made the hyperlink harder to discern.

    I think this is a good first blog post. I think you created for yourself a fairly broad foundation with which you can build on in future posts.

    ReplyDelete