Friday, June 21, 2013

A photo can capture so many different words when looking at a photo. It can capture that specific moment of that specific time. In terms of capturing a moment, that's what we do, we take photos as mental notes for the future. Photographs are something that are looked upon for the past, they remind us of the moments that have went by, and they make us remember that specific moment. Life goes so fast that it's hard to capture every single moment of course, but the special moments such as weddings, birthdays, concerts, etc. These are the type of moments that matter, and are usually recorded by people. The most special aspect of a photo is bringing you back to that certain moment. Reminiscing on the moment that matters is what life is about. Of course we need to look toward the future and enjoy what we got, but it's always good to have that photo to look back on the good times that you had during that time. For me capturing photos of my shows are something that I always make sure we do. For this reason is because when I'm older with a family I want to look back on my college years, and say I did that. I was in a band I played all around town and I entertained people with my music. I love the reactions that people get when watching us, and that's something to capture in a photo.

A Photo says a 1000 words.

1 comment:

  1. This semester performing the tasks of my making my own blog really opened my eyes about blogs, and how great it is to express myself through words videos and photos. With my blog page I tried to express myself with my band because that's something that i'm truly passionate about, and it's something that I take very seriously as far as production and promotion manners. The Big Orange Heads in my mind is an art that I really want to express to people so that they can enjoy the good music that we make. I'm very happy that I was able to interact with the other blogs as well as others who interacted with my blog page as well. It really made me think about what I need to do in order to improve my writing, improve my production stand points on how to create better blogs, and blogs that are enjoyable to read. The bottom line is that I really enjoyed doing these blog assignments because it was very interesting and intriguing to see everyone's own expression of their own life experiences. With my blog I tried to capture the elements of BOH and I wanted people when reading this blog to feel apart of the BOH, and I wanted people to be able to interact with us, ask questions as well as give their feedback about our music. This was one factor that I took seriously because the band is something that I am apart of and I want people to know that were not some garage band but were trying our hardest with our minds and souls to make moves with the music, and try to make the best of it. The connection of all the blogs really makes me think about text and how were surrounded by text all through the days of our lives. I'm glad we were able to connect our blogs with other blogs and still make sense of it all while writing about things that we love. Benjamin talks about how art is reproduced and recreated, and this is what we do as a band. We take the many influences of many different artists that we enjoy and we recreate that music into our own flow and music for people to enjoy. Everything that we learned in this class really did relate to everything that we read as well as the blog assignments that we performed. The question for the class is What is Text, and to me text is what you make of it. Text is everywhere and in order to understand it, you must use it to its advantage as well as use it in the right manner. A lot of the text that read really made me think about how much text has helped society by directing us informing us as well as helping us make choices in life. Text is something that is taken for granted and it's something that can only be attained if used in the correct context. In the movie Exit Through the Gift Shop, text is used to so many different attributions such as graffiti, and street art. These aspects help text get there message out there with the usage of creative art. Street art is something that can be thought of as a movement for people who are speaking against society. Of course street art is looked down upon by many different people it still is the back bone of text, and how we depict text. Street art has been around for along time and I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon. It's a free form of art that flows from the inner souls of artists. I really enjoyed watching that film because first I didn't know Banksey and how his art could be so influential to many other artists around the globe. Overall I loved this class because I was engaged and from that I learned so much. Thankk you.

    ReplyDelete